Sunday, September 13, 2009

For instance, getting a job isn't so fun, but then I can buy my car!

I think everybody will look at this and be like, "huh?"

In church this morning, Pastor Travis told us about a Bible verse, that happens to be very close in the Bible to my FAVOURITE verse, "Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

This verse is "Philippians 2:14 - Do everything without complaining or grumbling."
I thought about this a little bit.

How many times have you caught yourself falling victim to a negative attitude? Whether you brought it on yourself, or someone else's negative attitude drove you into thinking that way too?

"This went wrong today..."
"They're so mean to me..."
"I hate my life..."
"My parents are out to get me..."
"Nothing goes right in my life..."

Well, I personally hate hearing people complain, constantly!
It's annoying, but unfortunately, I'm slightly hypocritical. I think everyone is. People will say they hate hearing people complain, but right there, that's complaining about someone else!
It's so easy to fall into a negative way of thinking, but I really want to try to think more positive about things.

For instance! Getting a job seems like the suckiest idea in the world. Poof! There goes my tiniest bits of freedom. But! If I get a job, I not only make money and wrack up my Work Experience hours, but I can make my monthly payments to Ben and buy my car! =D

In most cases, I believe if you can find a negative side to something, there's always a positive, even if you have to dig for it.

Ex. Saturday, RJ had a bad cold, so we could not hang out. I was bummed, of course, but instead, I got all my homework and studying done, I handed out 5 resumes, i cleaned my room and my guinea pig cage, did my laundry, and went for a one hour driving lesson with mom!

Talk about ac-COMPLISHMENT!

Anyway. I'm exhausted. Off to bed!

Bex

3 comments:

  1. Very true.
    And yes, that is a good way to look at things.

    My mum hates complainers as well. =P
    And sometimes I am one of those people she hates, lol.

    I agree with you, and her, but I also believe that no one can be perfect. It's only human to feel down sometimes, and sometimes you can't help but express your annoyance or un-enthusiasm.

    Sometimes even, it is healthy to let that out. I don't know anyone who is happy ALL OF THE TIME. It's just not right.

    But when something does go wrong, it's okay to dislike it, and express that. But then it's time to do something to fix it. Or find an alternative.

    I guess it's a balance, a little bit of both.
    I guess that's what life's all about.. balance. Moderation.
    That's usually what these things come down to. Their okay, just not too much.

    Wow, this is a huge message, sorry about that! :P
    But, I had to comment. :-)

    Ttys (and thanks for reading and commenting!)
    -Karly.

    ReplyDelete