Friday, May 1, 2009

Commitment Time

I've been thinking.
Isn't it about time we all committed to something?
Something that we wont treat as a trend, or any old habit?
A real, full-fledged commitment. To ourselves,
and everybody around us?
I do.

I want to commit to being a better person in general.
I wish I could understand how he could do this to us.
I wish I could relate.
But I'm sorry. I can't.
I wish I knew...

I wish I knew a lot of things.

Like why he does this, and that.
All that stuff we know about.
He doesn't think we do, and when we bring it up
He keeps lying.
And we know it too.

When will the lying and dishonesty stop?
When will trust and honesty and love commence
Between us and him?
It doesn't make sense.
Not in my head,
On paper...
On this stupid screen.

It's all lies, and it's tearing us apart.
My family, each one of us is effected by this.
I hate this.
I loathe it.
Detest this all.

I want it to end.

I want him to choose.
Commit to us, or her.
He can't have both,
Unless he commits to TELLING US THE TRUTH.

YOU'RE JUST DIGGING A HOLE.
The deeper it gets
The worse the consequences.
And if you can't do it for us...




Do it for God.

Or did you forget you're commitment to him, too?

x. Rebecca.

3 comments:

  1. dear, is this about someone in your family? :(
    <3 hope things get better for you! looooveeeyouu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this about your dad..? I thought it was about God before but Idk! Hope things go better Nevvs
    Hales <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its about my dad. ... :S

    And thanks Rosie and Hales. :)

    ReplyDelete